Pages

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Connected with the UK!

The day has finally arrived - and strangely it looks as if I am the first one to reveal my 'Connections' piece.

I had the idea right from the start and I suppose my interest in computers and the internet (which is how I stay connected with you) plus the fun and games we had replacing bits of my husband's computer just recently with the guts of his computer laid out all over the kitchen table just reinforced the idea.  I even have the old motherboard and other bits on my work table as inspiration.  So here is my motherboard without which this group would not stay connected.

I had enormous fun using felt (blue, white and black), metal from tomatoe paste tube (gold), plastic wrap from coffee grounds (silver), beads, springs from broken pegs, stitch, buttons and some rather matt looking 'pearls' (solder) which are hot-fix - plus the other bits and pieces - oh, and the rivets which disappointingly didn't line up.



I am so looking forward to everyone else's interpretations and hearing about your experiences.

Bring on the next challenge, Rosie.

Love to you all,

Hilary








4 comments:

  1. Whimsical and fun, Hilary. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an innovative idea! Using common items to get a sophisticated look is brilliant. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea. You had me completely foxed. Lovely piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this oh so cool piece, Hilary.

    ReplyDelete