Pages

Monday 24 May 2010

more red

We've been doing a lot of biking in anticipation of a biking holiday in Brittany. This is a pond that we go by, and this is a red winged blackbird. The trail is an old railway bed which has been converted to a bike path and in winter, cross country ski trail. Lovely to go through the woods and past these ponds.


Last fall I planted some tulips at the cottage. I can't at the house because the squirrels will get them - either the bulbs, or the flowers once they've opened - very frustrating. Even at their end, these were gorgeous. Now fingers crossed that they come up again next year!

And I've started on my square. Think old newspaper joke.


1 comment:

  1. There is so much red in nature from botanical to animal - we are spoilt for choice. But 'old newspaper joke'? - I'm really curious and will probably kick myself when all is revealed.

    And just in case you thought from Dianne's first paragraph that we might joining her on this biking holiday - think again! Rosie and I will be seeing Dianne and Robbie off on their biking holiday from the comfort of a car.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete