Pages

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Seeing Red Snickers

The announcement of "Seeing Red" was very timely. I don't remember the last time I was so mad. In April , two of my children (ages 19 & 21) brought home Snickers the rabbit without my approval.
Previously, we had a pet rabbit for about 10 years. Even though it was a very nice pet I was secretly pleased when it was no longer with us. I didn't enjoy seeing a rabbit caged.
I quietly raged hence the fury of fans.
What a surprise when darling Snickers gave birth to 3 adorable babies (Rolo, Twix and Caramilk) hence the photo repetition of Snickers.
Our 3 children, my husband and I were home for the births. We had great anxiety and fun together building a den for the baby bunnies and enjoying their develolpment over the last 3 months. Caramilk and Twix were adopted by one of our friends and Rolo will be leaving at the end of the month.
The fury of fans acted as a cooling agent and I have calmed. I used the domestic machine to do the quilting instead of the longarm and I really enjoyed the change.

4 comments:

  1. This had me laughing at first, then sympathizing, then heaving a sigh of relief!

    Thank you, Colleen. I suppose you should be thankful there weren't as many bunnies as in your piece! Glad to hear they have gone to good homes - and thanks for the humour - great subject, great quilt.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the way you have incorporated traditional patchwork with our theme. well done - gr8 idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your repetition is a well done irony. Thank goodness there were only 3! and I like the way you made the fans all different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great story and title...I mean, the bunny being called "Snickers" plays into the contrast of emotions. I "snickered" at the playfulness that came out of this situation. The repetition (very "bunny"), the fans (cools things off) and the quilting is terrific!

    ReplyDelete