Pages

Monday 2 August 2010

Collage workshop





Thought I would post these pictures of the pieces I made at a 5-day workshop in Ottawa last week, on collage and assemblage, taught by Christina Lovisa. It was great fun for Michele Meredith and me to muck about with spackle, gesso, paint and glaze. Some image transfer techniques would apply to our work with fibre. These pieces were done on scraps of plywood and masonite, and measure 12" - 18" wide, and 16" - 21" high. I was able to use bits of lace, ribbon and buttons. Two of them feature family photos. It was exciting to work in another medium, and I hope some of what I learned will transfer to my work with cloth.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    My comment didn't post this morning.

    I love what you have done and how you have combined your textile design with another medium. Looking forward to seeing them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    I am seriously impressed with the work you did and all in such a short time. I'm sure you had a head start because of your quilting but the pieces really talk to me - especially the first piece. You have a new skill which I think will take you to new heights and on a new adventure. Bon voyage!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had no regrets cancelling my participation in this course until i saw these images - oh golly - this course should have been a priority! and of course how you have transformed what you have learned into these very evocative pieces. well done heather!

    ReplyDelete