Pages

Friday 27 August 2010

Finished!

After a few weeks when I've had no inspiration and no real desire to do any textiles, I suddenly had a really good day! I've finished the four journal quilts I needed to do for the British Contemporary group, then (very) quickly made my 'Reflections' piece. Guess I'd decided what to do some time ago, without being really aware of it, so when I sat down it all came together very easily. Rather simplistic - but I like it (at the moment). Oh - and it's nothing like I originally envisaged.

Meanwhile - here's a few photos from our wonderful Newfoundland holiday! And Dianne - we looked for lupins, but only found a few. However, Mick now has a good system for identifying wild flowers - they're all either 'lupins' or 'not lupins'.










4 comments:

  1. Wow, lovely photography.

    LOVE the puffins, and I am so jealous, I have not seen these birds in the wild and I would dearly love to!!

    Well done you on finishing the reflections, piece. I am 9/10ths done on the Connections jobbie, but have had severe technical 'issues' and its defintely not the quilt I initially invisaged!!

    Catchya
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your holiday pictures brought back such happy memories of the trip that Dianne and I made to Nova Scotia. Yes, I know it's not the same but the image of the boathouse and the talk of lupins made it all come flooding back.

    You have put me to shame finishing your reflections piece - I haven't even started!!! And on top of that I haven't a clue what I'm going to be doing - help!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos, Linda. Will you be continuing with your monthly Canadian journal project? I hope we will see some reflections on Newfoundland in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos, Linda.
    Lupins? Whatever they are, I don't have any here.
    Look forward to seeing your Reflections piece, too.

    ReplyDelete