Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

Reflections of Houston

Reflections of Houston

Downtown Houston has the most spectacular examples of building reflections that I have ever seen. In 2008, from a huge collection of photos taken over a couple of years, I attempted to capture some of those reflections in fabric but gave up.

When the "Reflections" theme was announced in June, I made an on line commitment to do the Houston sky scraper reflections. I thought I would use photographs in various ways but my equipment was not up to the task and once again I was left trying to produce shiny images from flat cloth. At least 12 inches was less daunting .

5 comments:

  1. Great job Marion! It really does capture the views we had from our hotel window. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the composition is very strong, Marion, and I love the way you have used commercial fabrics. I think your use of varying weights of thread is also very effective. There's just something about grids, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very tempted to do those wonderful reflections, Marion. They have 'conned' me into taking pictures of them year after year. You have done a great job - captured them perfectly.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever, well done. Takes me back to my trip to Houston and the photos I took. I think the building reflections in Houston must be the most photographed in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great cityscape. Nice perspective lines. And I can almost feel the heat sizzling off those buildings.

    ReplyDelete