Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

Reflections


Well, here it is, my Reflections piece. It began as a pole-wrapped shibori piece, created at Dianne's amazing indigo retreat. Machine-stitched with Sulky's Sliver thread, embellished with beads and French knots, then mounted on stretcher bars. "On reflection" (please excuse the liberty) I wish I had done something more painterly, but once I saw the movement of water in the shibori, I was a goner. Things were not made easier by seeing Linda's fabulous take on her shibori dyeing ten days ago.

4 comments:

  1. Like Lindas- simple and perfect. I look forward to seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect piece of pole-wrapped shibori. And the idea to capture the little sparkles of light dancing on the water with beads - inspired.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dyeing and stitching speaks for itself. Very effective. The small pic on the blog does not do it justiice .....it must be enlarged to be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your quilting really makes the piece. And nice to see the beading to add sparkle to the water.

    ReplyDelete