Pages

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Change of date !

I was thinking the same thing Hilary - a lot of people may be away as we in the Southern Hemisphere tend to go off on our summer break at this time of the year. I would suggest we make it the 1st December and not the 1st November (I guess thats way gone now). I am very happy with that as I have finished my piece. I had a bit of spare time on my hands and had an image in my mind so took the opportunity of putting pencil to paper and then setting it out on the fabric. I must say I am so enjoying 12" x 12" as you can play without getting too stressed. I was not that happy to begin with but it worked out OK in the end - the quilting always seems to make a huge difference.

The Festival of Quilts is coming up next year and will be held in Stellenbosch in the Cape and from all accounts sounds as if it is going to be really great. I am thinking of entering something, but at this stage it is in its thought process - I won't however be going down as I can't do Cape Town and Birmingham in one year - too expensive.

3 comments:

  1. Dec 1st works for me too. It means focussing right now as this will be a busy month too.

    When is the Festival of Quilts. I so enjoyed the last one that I went to- in 2002 I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. patricia, please give us the dates for festival of quilts in stellenbosch. who knows?? i will try and have 'frenzy' aka 'a day in the life of pam chasen' in by dec 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, December 1st is fine with me.

    ReplyDelete