Pages

Sunday 28 November 2010

Frenzy!





The definition of the word 'frenzy' includes 'temporary madness.' The adjective 'frenzied' means 'frantic, wild.'

For those of us driving in Montreal during the past few months, the meaning of 'frenzy' was very obvious.

On the front page of the October 26th 'Montreal Gazette,' was an image called 'signs of the times.' I grabbed the newspaper and said 'Frenzy, this is it!'

Using the photocopier, I made numerous copies - enlargements, reductions, colored, black and whites. I cut up images, collaged them , photocopied them onto fabric, colored them in, stitched around them and my interpretation of 'Frenzy,' came into being!

Looking forward to seeing the others!



















6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, Pamela - and all that red signage - leading to a 'frantic, wild, temporary state of madness' - great interpretation.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that I love this piece, Pam. In fact I also clipped out the same photo from the Montreal newspaper and have used it in making ATC's. As someone who often drives downtown, I can confirm the feeling of frenzy that comes from being repeatedly and unexpectedly forced to detour, merge, etc. I can hear the honking of horns just looking at your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montreal has 2 seasons - winter and road repair, and your quilt says it all! We are all going nuts trying to get around the city. I like the way you echoed the signs in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A montreal drivers nightmare- all those signs and nowhere to escape. Great piece Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! I hit the wrong button...as I was saying...I strongly relate to your quilt. Too many times I am running late, traffice is heavy and then look: Road Repair!! I sit in traffice feeling frenzied and end up late for an appointment! Well done!! I love the collage effect you did.

    ReplyDelete