Pages

Tuesday 2 November 2010

old to new

My goodness. Go out of town for a few days and look what happens: a flurry of blog activity. I will have a good think about our next theme. I am entering a fine craft show for December 5, and will be focused this month on producing work for that, but I should be able to meet the new December 1 deadline for Frenzy.

I also undertook this challenge from Diane Shink, to create a new 15" by 15" square block from an irregular nosegay, measuring not more than 11 or 12" in length. Here is the nosegay I started with:
I basically took it apart and used what I call the "Jean Wells" approach, irregular strips pieced together, using the little bits from the nosegay as the centres of the log cabin-type constructions. Only a few threads of the original were left over. Dianne R. suggested that I call it "What Nosegay?"
A cheerful palette suggestive of the 1930's, finished with my "rustic" hand-quilting. Linda, let's see yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment