Pages

Friday 31 December 2010

Happy New Year

Well, we're about to move into another year and I would like to say how much I've enjoyed working with the group and what fun I've had.  The build-up to each unveiling and the support from everyone is wonderful.  I'm really looking forward to this coming year and more sharing of our talents and work.

Father Christmas very kindly arranged to have my finished embroidered icon framed and it is now proudly hanging on my bedroom wall watching over me as I sleep.  I have since discovered the image is of either St George or St Demetrius.  It is from an icon, probably a gift from Emperor Justinian, and is kept at the monastry of St Catharine in the Sinai desert.  How do I know all this? - Keith found a book by Sister Wendy (she's famous on BBC) on icons - perfect!

Anyway, here it is in the frame.


All the best everyone.

Hilary

2 comments:

  1. How lovely that Keith values your work enough to have it so beautifully framed. The decorative gold framing is so very suitable to the piece, which I have admired since I first saw it. Like you, Hilary, I am very grateful to belong to this supportive and creative forum. Long may we flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your icon is stunning and the frame truly enhances your beautiful work!

    Thank you, Hilary, for your leadership for our global group. We are now, officially, 1 year old. I feel blessed to be part of such an outstanding collection of creative quilters!
    May 2011 be a year of goals reached and dreams come true!!

    ReplyDelete