Pages

Sunday 12 December 2010

I've just finished adding my latest journal quilts onto the Contemporary Group website, and thought you might be interested to see them all. They've not uploaded in quite the right order, the picture of myself was for January. This year I chose to use photographs I had taken personally, and then try a number of different techniques to portray them as mini quilts. I've used bonded applique, printing on fabric, printing on acetate (thanks Heather), using sticky-back plastic (thanks again Heather) and pure stitch. The December journal uses a technique you'll recognise from our own Reflections pieces, thanks to Dianne. I not only used the same technique, I used a photo of her dog as well.










4 comments:

  1. I love the way you set yourself a goal, Linda, and met it, using such a wide array of techniques. Do you have a favourite? There is something special about each one of them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice collection - of memories and techniques. You did a lovely job with the picture of Kirby! And I particularly like the one with the trees faded out - is that the acetate rubbing we did here?

    What is the theme for next year's journal quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a feast for the eyes. All absolutely delightful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to remember another year. You have set yourself such an interesting goal and kept to it. The results speak for themselves. Hilary

    ReplyDelete