Pages

Wednesday 19 January 2011

An Introduction

Thanks for the welcome comments! I've followed your blog since Hilary first mentioned your group and I'm delighted (And a little scared!) to have been invited to join you.

I've stitched since childhood and have been quilting for fifteen-ish years. I'm a bit of a technique junkie and have lots of different art materials and books around the house. However, last year I came to recognise that what I love most about quilting is piecing, in the sense that I'm making new fabric, which in turn becomes a quilt or, more likely, a wall hanging.

You can see some of my work on my blog - http://bilsblog.blogspot.com/  and also get a feel for some of my other interests. Here are a couple of the Journal Quilts that I made for the Contemporary Quilt group last year:

Own computer generated image super-imposed on hand painted background, machine quilted.

 

Mix of commercial and hand-dyed fabrics, machine pieced and quilted.

I'm excited by the 'Structures' theme that has been chosen for 2011 - do you 'tease' with hints of what is to come or is all left until 'The Reveal'?

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see your work, Linda, and welcome to the group. You are going to fit in just fine! I like the line of your houses. And on the second one, I like the way you've quilted it - I always have trouble coming up with quilting as another dimension to the piece and you've accomplished that.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the group Linda. We have been asked to tease a bit with the theme but somehow it does not happen .... maybe we feel it will give too much away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to encourage members to give tiny glimpses of what they might - or might not - be doing with their challenge pieces. I think it adds to the excitement to be trying to second guess the design. The trouble is that I suspect that if they are like me it all gets done at the last minute! Oh dear, I've let the cat out of the bag...

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last minute Hilary?? You are always so organised - I don't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if doing it at the last minute counts as organised - that's me - the illusionist! H

    ReplyDelete