Pages

Thursday 3 February 2011

Structures - Plan A and a half ....

...... because, having finally made a sample (This group is already transforming the way I work!!!!) not everything has gone quite as intended, but there is no time to work on a Plan B.

So what went wrong? The plan was to layer my fabric using coloured scraps held in place with an organza, finishing with a synthetic fabric that I could cut away with my soldering iron, revealing the colour beneath. Inevitably and unfortunately the synthetic fabric adhered to the organza when touched with the soldering iron - I should have seen that one coming :-)

3 comments:

  1. Aagh, commiserations. At least you are resorting to plan B - yet!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that should read: At least you aren't resorting to plan B ! H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with it. Sounds like you are well underway. Good thing these are just little gems.

    ReplyDelete