Pages

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Fresh


I've finally finished (apart from the binding) my 'Fresh' piece. Not sure why, but I found this the hardest one to get inspiration for so far. Maybe it was the additional pressure of the guild show and the Text'Art exhibition all having similar(ish) deadlines. No teasers for the Fresh piece, but here's the work I finished just before. Our youngest daughter, Kat - I'll be interested to see what her reaction is when I show it to her next week while I'm back in the UK.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely Linda. Wow, your interpretation and machine embroidery is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is more and more accomplished, Linda. Such subtleties of color and form, and the stitching is a real enhancement. I can see how your little experiments with journal-type quilting have honed your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's amazing is that I can see your daughter looks like you! Beautiful piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this piece jumped out to all who saw it at the show. a masterpiece of stitchery, concept, design and interpretation. well done linda!
    and guess what - i purchased a 'forey' at last week's text'art show, so i am now the proud owner of one of linda's pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a superb piece and the picture doesn't reflect the beautiful flesh tones that Linda dyed.

    The Beaconsfield guild had a challenge this year which asked for portraits. I did mine as my structure piece. We'll see how influenced we were at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing - your machine embroidery really enhances this piece.

    Linda B

    ReplyDelete