Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Spring


I did have trouble with this word and with spring emerging here I kept coming back to that theme.  I thought that I would try this free form style but found that it was really hard to cut wonky strips - I guess I'm hardwired to do straight lines!  The fabrics have been coloured in all sorts of ways  -with tsukineko inks and razor mousse, gelatin plate printing, leaf printing, various dyeing.....

One of my Japanese maple (not the one the leaf is from) turns this beautiful burgundy in the spring, my yellow primulas are looking happy,  the ferns are doing well and taking over.   And of course, there is that lime-y green that is so prevalent at this time of year.  

Hopefully a happy piece.




9 comments:

  1. Somehow it has a touch of that 30's palette, which I always find so fresh and cheerful. A feeling of innocence too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, and very 'you'. I'm fascinated the way we all seem to associate bright greens and yellows with 'fresh'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, Dianne. A lovely Spring piece - very fresh (as a daisy) and happy. I'm so pleased you got a leaf in as I know you have played with this technique before. The piece has lots of potential to be taken further - any plans? Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring fresh indeed! Isn't it funny how we can't go against our natural inclinations. I can see what heather means about the 30's palette too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how pure your colors are which conveys that "fresh" feeling. I would've loved to have been at your house playing with all of the dying techniques and colors! Your piece really makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely fresh piece.I also agree with Linda F ....it is amazing how many have used the bright greens to interpret the freshness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the use of different leaves, not all green! The fern is especially fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your use of so many techniques which blend well together. your quilting enhances the piece. fresh colors and design. i like it. martin enjoyed the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the use of gelatin printing and all the softness in the blue green palette.Is that a leaf from your japanese maple tree? What a great colour!

    ReplyDelete