Pages

Friday 29 July 2011

Percolating


Thought I would give the reconstituted mashed potato resist another try, this time with a thicker layer. It was dried over several days, then painted with fabric paint, dried for a few more days, then washed in the machine and heat set. I think it has some possibilities, if sliced into segments, with interesting textures and suggestions of a drawn line.

I also have done another deColourant piece, this time using a hand-carved stamp. The stamp has a different brick-like design on each side. The cotton began as a hand-dye.


Finally, I have been spending the last number of days (weeks?) fumbling around with Photoshop. My plan is to produce some images for photo transfer, for a workshop I am taking with Pam and Michele in mid-August. I have been altering some photos taken during a trip to Tuscany several years ago, using the Threshold feature and a mask, to add interest to the edges.

I hope to have the makings of a Fragments piece out of all this. With several other deadlines on the horizon, it would be great if all this fiddling came together in a productive way!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. You've got some very effective texture with the resist and with the decolourant. And I look forward to seeing your Tuscany piece used. You've been working hard!

    ReplyDelete