Pages

Thursday 6 October 2011

Photo Collage for Fall Show






These are recently completed collages that will be entries for two local fall art shows .They are both mounted on 24x24 gallery canvas . The first will be in a few days with our local Hudson Artists Association that both Heather are participating in for the second time. I hope my location will be near the lovely Tuscan series that you see in the last posting. The second to be determined by the jury for the Stewart Hall Gallery is due in November .! Wish me luck! Thanks to Heather for all her encouragement during the completion of both of these pieces.































5 comments:

  1. How could I not love these two - blue is my favourite colour. I love the balance you have achieved and with just enough detail to make me want to look closer to see all the imagery you have used. Are these on paper?

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember you working with blue before - these are stunning, but I'm probably biased as I like blue so much. Good luck with the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pieces ..... love them both. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What techniques did you use in your pieces? Good luck on your juried piece...I'm sure that it will be accepted. Please let us know the outcome. Love the balance of color, design, and texture...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The technique is similar to what Heather has described with the acetone photo transfer method onto tissue paper aand collaged onto cotton then fluid acrylic and stamping additions. There are also some organza addition as a final touch Starting on cotton leaves the stitching options in place. The piece is mounted only when completed.

    ReplyDelete