Pages

Thursday 12 January 2012

A question

As I mentioned in a comment on Heather's post, I've been asked to look at a group website, and I was wondering if I could get some opinions from you all.

When you go to the web site of a small quilting group - what are you interested in? What is the information you would like to get from the site - in short, why did you go to the site in the first place? Having got to the site, what would you like to know about the group and what would you like to see? Any comments would be most welcome.

On another matter, I'm still nowhere with my 'Steps'. The one photo I had in my mind as being a suitable source of inspiration turns out to be a view of a staircase, but looking up - and no steps are visible at all. Back to the drawing board for me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm annoyed because I posted a comment and it has disappeared!

    I visit a website because:

    * I want to see the work of a particular quilter
    * I want to see who else is in the group
    * I want to see the others' work
    * I like seeing a short bio
    * I also like seeing if they have exhibited or published anything together
    * I like to see links to member's websites and blogs.
    * And don't forget a contact form

    Steps but no steps! Why not? One of my button JQs has only button holes. I think the image association is enough - but I love playing devil's advocate and pushing boundaries.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I like the site to be easy to move around - back to the top, and to the members of the group without having to practically start over each time!

    ReplyDelete