Pages

Wednesday 14 March 2012

New website!

Very excited! Have created a new webpage for myself, with a blog! Used weebly, and I found it very intuitive, a piece of cake. Wish I had done it a couple of years ago. I have kept the same domain name that I had before, www.heatherdubreuil.com. The only problem I had was that my web host was not familiar with re-directing my site and was a little balky, but we both persisted and now it's up and running! I'm so pleased that I will be able to update it without an intermediary.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any advice for me on its design. And thanks to all of you who participated in the January discussion on the topic. It was hugely helpful.

6 comments:

  1. That's a good simple look you've achieved Heather. I like the way you've organised your Galleries so much that I've forwarded your web address to a friend who needs reference sites for the re-design of her own website.
    If I have one quibble it is with your title block. On my PC your name/web address is neither centered nor on a third which seems a bit odd, it also overlaps the frame a little. (I can send you a screenshot if you see something different.) I'd be tempted to re-size it either so that it fits, with perhaps just your name rather than the web address, or for more interest make it significantly bigger! Well done you for taking the bull by the horns!
    Linda B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice website Heather. Very professional look and nice colour throughout. A new blog too!! Glad you got through the red tape to get it up and running. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful new site Heather, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good Heather. I particularly like the way your menu heading are on the left.

    ReplyDelete