Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2013

SAQA Auction Fundraiser

Every year, Studio Art Quilt Associates holds an on-line auction of 12" x 12" art quilts. More than 400 quilts were submitted this year, and they have been divided into three lots, with the first lot going on the block today.



The prices start at $750 on Day 1, and then go down a little every day until anything available on Day 6 is priced at $75. The second lot will go on the block next Monday, September 16, and the third lot on Monday the 23rd. Last year, over $60,000 was raised to offset the organization's operating expenses.

I was delighted to have my piece sold within the first two hours of the auction's opening today, priced at $750. It was bought by Nysha Nelson of Tennessee. Nysha is known to buy works by well-known art quilters, so it is a special honour to have him choose my piece. I actually met Nysha when I attended the SAQA conference in Santa Fe last spring, where he bought my donation to the postcard auction.

If you'd like to find out more about the auction, or to view the more than 400 art quilts donated to the event, please visit the auction website.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't surprised it was on the first lot to be auctioned - but two hours!! Wow!! It's a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Heather!! Time to do the "happy" dance!

    ReplyDelete