Pages

Sunday 15 November 2009

My work space

I'm back from York and the one day refresher for quilt judges.  It was well thought out and the presentations were interesting, provocative and thought provoking.  It was a good day and worth the horrendous journey up in bad weather compounded by accidents, tail backs and road works.  Thank goodness the return journey was completely the opposite and I was safely tucked up in bed by midnight last night.

I thought you might like to see where I work.  This is my sewing room - between projects so relatively tidy.  I am NOT tidy when I'm working!


This is the cutting table (it often becomes the dumping table !).



And this is my extra wide ironing board (home made) which sits on top of the ordinary ironing board.  The mobile design wall I made from plastic electric conduit pipe, matching 'elbows' at the corners and a fuzzy cloth with sleeves on four sides.  It disassembles in minutes and can be rolled up and has even been to South Africa on the plane!



7 comments:

  1. You've rearranged your room! It's looking very functional. Close-ups of what's on the design board please.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hilary- I like the look of your sewing table, it has given me some ideas. I'm trying little computer baby steps every few days. Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great room Hilary- wonderful to have a nice big window and terrific workspace.
    I was inspired to take pics of my workroom also but have yet to figure out how to send them. I did not do a big clean up but my room is rarely this tidy so I decided to go for it. What a great idea- I had never thought of taking pictures in that room. Thanks! Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hilary
    I like your design wall, good idea!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hilary,
    Your room looks excellent, like the new arrangement :)
    Thought about photographing mine, then photoshopping it till it looked as neat as yours!! Probably take less time to tidy it instead!! LOL!!
    Catchya
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your sacred space with us. It is easier to imagine where you create knowing what it looks like. What great light and view!

    ReplyDelete