Pages

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Heart Strings



Although I rambled around a lot of ideas such as DNA, transportation etc I kept coming back to family. I have a husband and 2 daughters whom I adore, and we also are lucky to have 3 parents living nearby (average age of 90) and they are an integral part of our lives. Heart strings. What else can I say - they keep tugging.

The fabric was from a play session doing deconstructed screen printing. It was done on white fabric, and I've learned that overdyeing it isn't that successful. So I thought I would try and work with it. The gold was also done with the same process, but had already been dyed. I didn't like so much white at the end of the day so hence the blue big stitch, and the stippling is done with a light tan poly called Bottom Line (for long arms).

3 comments:

  1. I love the interlocking of the hearts and the layering of over and under details. Your family connections really shine through! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece, Diane. I love the blue stitching going through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianne,

    So very poignant at the moment. The design is great - it could have been twee but is contemporary with strong lines. Quilting the blue lines was an inspired choice.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete