Pages

Thursday 1 July 2010

My apologies now but I am going this route for my comments as I have just devoured all that are up at the moment and thought I would take the easy route to chat. My RED doesn't have so much feeling! I love all the different mediums and techniques that are being used ..... such an inspiration and it is amazing how many of us ( and in the bigger picture ) are creating our own fabric whether thru photo manipulation and paints and dyes etc. A Touch of Red : it is amazing how well black & white and a tough of another colour works so well. Red Barns in Canada - Although I have only seen pictures of Barns I immediately recognised them , love the interpretation. Red, Red, Rose - clever use of the 'red' in the rose to get the right effect ..... quite dramatic. Seeing red Snickers - I think we all sympathize with you as we have all been thru the mutiplying of pets. Love the piece. Black & White & Red all over - again, the black & white & another but very effective. I like the use of the words as it draws you in to the detail. The Soccer World Cup - well what can I say with a son madly in love with the sport, flags on all our cars and those blasted vuvuzela's being blown continuously ..... clever use of the stamps & Zebo. Sunsets & Baobabs - having spent 2 years in Tanzania this really brought back wonderful memories - lovely. Seeing Red- clever photo manipulations and then the embroidery of the coat and so Caitlyn. Spontaneous Combution - clever collage of fabrics etc and the quilting finishes off. My brain is in overdrive ....... well done all.

No comments:

Post a Comment