Pages

Saturday 19 June 2010

Playing with photos in Brittany

Rosie, Dianne and I spent a couple of hours late one afternoon with Charlotte Ziebarth's new book Artistic Photo Quilts.  We had come back with another set of great memory photos from that day's trip.  The book had arrived the day before I left and I had squizzed at it briefly and picked up on the idea that for certain possibilities you need 'background' photos - hence the photo of the uninteresting looking seaweed!  This is one of the fun things we tried.

Take a photo of an iris.


Then take a photo of seaweed.


Now apply the Fresco filter to the iris photo.


Then add the seaweed photo as an overlay with the transparency adjusted and this is what you get.


What fun!  Then if you add a red filter to the seaweed you get this.


Which means your iris starts to look like this.


The possibilities are endless.  I'm off to play some more - I've finished my Seeing Red piece and I'm waiting for some paint to dry...

Hilary

3 comments:

  1. wow! Isn't this fun? --so gratifying to see people getting inspired by my book. I really think this photo editing software is the greatest tool.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - the power of the internet and search engines! Hi Charlotte. I should get commission on the number of people I've raved to about your book. Really, folks, Gloria Hansen's book is the best techie book on the market for photo images and printing on fabric, but Charlotte's is the most fun.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so exciting and inspiring. i feel such a techno fool most of the time - it's almost as if i need someone to hold my hand and guide me through it. i would so love to try these techniques. i have gloria's books (she's one of my guru's and web page designer) but now i will buy charlotte's - another sale thanks to hilary!

    ReplyDelete