Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

Comedy & Tragedy


I gave you all the subject with no idea of how or what I would do, but during a time between being asleep and awake I got this idea. I have called it Comedy & Tragedy and how I see it is as follows:

How often do people approach us, whether they be friends, family or acquaintances and ask us how we are and we usually reply that we are absolutely fine and usually smile but deep down inside for whatever reason we are so sad, and feel we have no one who would understand. This is a reflection of an emotion that we are showing but not feeling. I am sure most will understand this is not what we show to the world, but how we are feeling at a particular time.

I was a bit tentative when doing the thread painting of the shadows but being masks one could not put too much emphasis on expression.

5 comments:

  1. Thread painting is perfect ( I zoomed) . I love the masks and the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That swirling background is a very effective choice, Venetta, and the colours are well-suited to the subject. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thoughtful interpretation of the theme - made me stop and think. Love the thread painting for the shadows.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever interpretation of your thoughts. I am working on thread painting on a face at the moment ..... not easy knowing when it is enough or not enough. As Rosalie Dace says .... sometimes less is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your piece is very thought provoking, I keep looking at it to see how I feel! And you've done a great job with the thread painting and choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete