Pages

Thursday 30 September 2010

Reflections

A very simple interpretation of the theme. I started with lots of complicated images of reflections in buildings, then by chance ended up with this bit of fabric after an experiment involving graduated dyes and pole wrapping. The fabric just demanded to do all the talking.The technique is 'borrowed' from Kathleen Loomis, who talked on her blog in April about using very thin insertions in her work. Virtually no quilting, just in the ditch, but I'm very happy with it.

What's the theme for the next challenge??

5 comments:

  1. Simple but oh so effective, Linda. Love it. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece, Linda. I have to admit that when I saw it ten days ago, my heart sank, as it was similar to what I had planned for my own indigo shibori. The multiple colours give the piece a lot of life, and the strictly linear divisions complement the organic curves of the dyed cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best and I love the reflection of the sun/moon captured as well.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever use of your fabric and the 'insertions' are a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you've used the fabric - and how much more interesting it is for having been broken up.

    ReplyDelete