Pages

Sunday 14 November 2010

Open Studios, sewing rooms and stuff

Firstly, congratulations on the recognition that being included in a studio tour by a group of artists conveys, Heather.  Well deserved.  And I spotted your beautiful little piece in the slide show of the benefice evening - it puts a lot of the others to shame.  I hope it is one of the first to sell and that it goes to a good home..

Ha!  I don't think you will gain anything from my sewing room - it hasn't progressed into a studio yet.  It is  purely for me and my mess and for that it is precious.  I have inherited a hotch-potch of storage - some old oak family pieces plus Ikea shelving.  I started writing about it and uploading photos and then I had a sense of deja vue - have a look at the posting back almost a year to the day - 15th November - and you'll see my space, Heather (it was before you joined the group).

http://12bythedozen.blogspot.com/2009/11/im-back-from-york-and-one-day-refresher.html

And to think that in Paris I managed to sew in a tiny bedroom which doubled as an office and had a bed in it as well, and in Johannesburg I shared a narrow balcony!  Something about nature abhors a vacuum......?

Cheers,

Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment