Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Fresh - GnT

I really struggled with this theme for some reason - inspiration refused to strike. As usual, I was saved by my husband who suggested that there is nothing more fresh on a summer evening than a gin and tonic! It's rather a murky gin, but I was really pleased with the bubbles! Fused fabrics, stitched before and after layering. Cheers everybody!!

Strange being on this side of the Atlantic and being only the second person to post! My life is rather fragmented at the moment ................. ah, there's a thought!!

10 comments:

  1. Cheers! Love your piece and more especially your lemon slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching adds a wonderful dimension to your piece, Linda. Makes me want to dive right in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever - both your theme choice and it's interpretation. The piecing/stitching on that lemon is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santé!

    Beautiful workmanship. And you've conveyed the feeling perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I hope you treated yourself to the real thing after that to celebrate. What a super piece. Love the lemon and the bubbles. Hope you're pleased.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you have depicted the gin, ice and lemon - stunning interpretation and one I would find really difficult to convey. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HA! Your are so right, there is nothing more fresh on a hot summer's day than a G and T! I started with trying to convey a glass of lemonade but I was stymied on the bubbles and transparency...you conquered both beautifully! Cheers, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a luscious lemon Linda! A very fresh take on our theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the way you have juxta-posed the black on grey and vice versa for the bubbles - makes it very realistic. your stitching and the way you have cut your fabrics makes it very believable. i like it linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. How FRESH! I love all the stitching and especially around the bubbles. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete