Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2011

FRESH - WORK IN PROGRESS

As you know, I am working a series within a series, i.e. all my pieces are based around life within Africa and will ultimately hang together as one piece. How, I have know idea at this point.  Because of this my theme piece for this challenge is 'Graffiti and will become the front label for the whole series.  So, I lied when I said I was finished as it will be a 'work in progress' until I know the final theme.


The background design was created by using a freezer paper template and discharge paste.  The rest is  fused painted fabric and 'graffiti' with more to come.  It was difficult positioning the six themes not knowing what is coming, but at the same time making it look as if it was finished, so I decided to stop at this point for the time being.


Here are the six pinned together to give you an idea of where I am heading.

8 comments:

  1. Very clever, Phil. You will have something really special when all twelve are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheeky, but a great idea. I never even thought of linking them together. I'm much too scatterbrained.

    I see town, seaside and countryside, culture, flora so far...

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your graffiti is very pretty - unlike some that I see around here! Well done with the discharge.

    I think you've given all of us an idea for hanging all the pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, and brave to do the 'cover' before you know all the 'contents'.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really set yourself an additional challenge by sticking to a theme of your own - I really liked the way you interpretated each subject, and put them into words, and you can see that a lot of thought has been put into this piece - I love it. I can't wait to see what it looks like when they are all put together as one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Love what you have done and how you have organized the themes...another "fresh" perspective! The background tree you discharged is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ingenious and beautifully executed, Phil. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a creative way of interpreting this theme and combining all your pieces.

    ReplyDelete