Pages

Thursday 22 September 2011

Congratulations, Helena!

Yesterday, Helena's donation to the SAQA auction sold for $350 to a buyer from Tennessee. Of the 100 or so 12-inch-square quilts in her group, only a few had sold at that point. We had a deal that if unsold, I was going to bid on her piece, and she was going to bid on mine, just to save face. Someone beat me to it!

If you'd like to follow the auction action, go to www.saqa.com, click on the auction, and scroll down page 2b to see Helena's beautiful piece, Spontaneous Combustion 2.

3 comments:

  1. What great news - congrats, Helena. I wonder who bought it? Somebody with excellent taste obviously. I'll be watching to see how quickly yours goes, Heather - bidding starts in a few hours time.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I have another funny story to tell about my glorious art career. I have just purchased the piece I donated to the SAQA auction. It was pretty much in the remainder bin, with the last 10% of items. Having already spent $30 to ship it to New Mexico, I will now spend another $30 to get it back.

    The thing is, I have a perfect spot for it in the guest room. The hook is already on the wall, and it is actually a companion piece to another one already hanging there. I am telling myself that this is the price I am willing to pay for the thrill of following the auction as a participant, and now I get back a piece with a history! Maybe next year I will submit the other one.

    ReplyDelete