Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

Jubilation

Along the Fields
This summer has been a difficult one for our family losing our 13 year old Portuguese Water Dog Maggie, during the visit of my 3 grandchildren so needless to say I have not been at my most jubilant. There was a piece that I had made in hounour of all the wonderful lessons learned from Maggie in our family and ended up gluing a picture of her to it instead. This is one of the pieces that I have recently finished while getting ready for the Hudson Studio Tour in September with Heather. I have been trying out a phototransfer technique onto cloth with gel medium using photocopies of my image first and a second image slightly offset to create that vibrating feel. Maybe that Van Gogh exhibition is still bouncing around in my head. I have added some additional colour as we have had the most beautiful summer and all the asters are blooming early. I especially like walking along the fields in the fall  to relax and take photographs. This is mounted on a 12X12 canvas that has been painted with acrylic.

11 comments:

  1. Love the composition and colour. Dogs (and animals in general) can teach us so much. I can almost see Maggie bounding across the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing evocation of a rural scene, this looks more like oils than textile on my monitor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very evocative of the local landscape, Michele, and of all your long walks through the fields with Maggie by your side. "We will walk in fields of gold...."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, soft colouring - can just feel the tranquility of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauriful and ethereal. It looks like a pastel painting on my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful tribute to maggie - so beautifully done. hope u r feeling better michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always so amazed how you can get these transfers to work so effectively! The colors come across as soft pastels and give a "dream state" quality. I am sorry to hear of losing your Maggie...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really in awe of your work nowadays - you create such dreamy, wonderful emotions with your work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your Maggie condolensces. I look forward to interpreting the next challenge......Threads.... Oh the possibilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michele, I immediately thought Impressionist painting. I love the softness, the dream-like quality, the colours and the path leading me on... The new technique is very effective. Lovely piece to remember the asters, the summer colours and those walks with Maggie.

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes there are places that give us an immense sense of peace - almost a jubilation in our hearts. That is what I see in your piece Michele

    ReplyDelete