Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Exhibition News

I am happy to announce that two of my pieces, in fact my most personal and meaningful pieces, have been juried into Sacred Threads, a show in Washington DC in July. These are "Remembering my Family: A Holocaust Memorial Quilt" and "Catharsis".



Also my latest collaboration with Marion Perrault, "Globe of Light" was voted Best of Show at the annual Beaconsfield Quilters Guild show, where we also displayed our 12BTD work.

_____________________________

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the pictures, Helena. I went to your website and was disappointed not to find them. Two powerful pieces. I note the use of the chevron block as a distortion of a Nazi symbol? Or am I wrong?

    I am so pleased to see the Peony finished and in all its glory. I guess you solved the challenge of the 3D aspect you wanted to incorporate. It's magnificent!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete