Pages

Thursday 21 September 2017

Swirl




I have finally finished my Alex Janvier inspired quilt and am at last up to date. I was not inspired by one particular quilt, but by the lines and curves of his art in general. At first I tried marbling with shaving foam, but  I ended up with a mess that was unusable, so it was back to square one. I then tried playing about with swirling lines until I decided on this design, which I decided to try on a black background instead of a light coloured one. I drew the design then cut it apart and used it as a stencil with markal paintstiks. I then machine quilted the other swirls.

4 comments:

  1. How great to check something off the "to do" list Jinnie.Your piece is definitely Janvier-inspired! The swirls are very effective and I like the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great approach. Works well on the dark background. Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job, Jinnie. I definitely see it as Janvier inspired. Your minimalist approach is perfect. (Note to self: try this sometime!) Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you've done Jinnie. And glad to see that you are back sewing! Definitely a Janvier influence in it and nice quilting to support the design.

    ReplyDelete