Pages

Tuesday 5 December 2017

The next artist is Vilhelm Lundstrøm

Thank you for the honour, Venetta, I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I've chosen a Danish artist. 

Vilhelm Lundstrøm (1893, Copenhagen – 1950) was one of Denmark's most successful modernist painters. It was he who introduced French cubism to Denmark. He was educated at the Royal Danish Academy of Art where he studied under Rostrup Böyesen. Lundstrøm spent an extended period in France in the 1920s ...




Link to Wikipedia

4:20 minutes You Tube video about his life
The video has english subtitles.

Have much fun and don't pull your hair out!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, my great hope is that this will be a new one to everybody...... ;O)

      Delete
  2. This artist is completely new to me too. As Phil says - great choice and something different. Thanks Mai-Britt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Love learning about a new artist - his jugs are already calling to me. But it will be something different interpreting this in textiles. I rather liked this cartoon - http://www.jacobgadd.dk/Lundstrom_Walther_og_Kvinderne_-_Jacob_Gadd.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. These less known artists are great fun to interpret. Super choice Mae-Britt . Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mai-Britt this is a really great choice. I am a happy bunny. His style is not dissimilar to one of my other choices, Morandi, and I know I am not the only one who likes his work. I am going to enjoy learning about Lundstrom.

    Thanks for the video AND the cartoon!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mai-Britt - Thanks for the new challenge. I too am new to the work of Vilhelm Lundstrøm as well as new to the group! It is all very exciting. Claire

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours and shapes. Thanks Mai-Britt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Mai-Britt. I like his use of colour - this is going to be fun. It was interesting to see his development in the utube clip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to learn all about this new artist! Even though these artist themed challenges are so difficult for me, I so enjoy the personal depth of learning about each artist.

    ReplyDelete